Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a homecoming....

Well, Jonathan has been working on the kitchen cabinets for some time now...but not a lot of progress has been done IN the house...so, imagine my shock when I came home today to this:

Jonathan and Noah were at home together today as they were both sick. Most of the demolition happened while Noah was napping. When he came into the kitchen after his nap, his response was "Uh Oh". Thought that was pretty cute. He must have been thinking that daddy was in big trouble!!


So thus starts the days with even more chaos in our house - at least I know it will be worth the mess in the end - the cabinets look great!! Can't wait to get them out of my parking spot and into the kitchen!!!


Another funny thing - Jonathan finally realized what I was complaining about these past few years - once you remove the portable dishwasher, and the stove, there really isn't a lot left of the kitchen!! That was my point, and the reason for all this work!! Glad he finally clued in:)
Anyways, got some organizing to do. Wish us luck:)

2 comments:

Julie and Greg said...

I remember that - looking into a big empty space where my kitchen used to be! Its a weird feeling isn't it?

Dale and Janelle Swager said...

Oh my goodness. I don't know how you can stand it. Do you want to come to my house for a while?
I can't wait to see the after picture:)